Thursday, December 16, 2004

I've mentioned that I'm horrible at dating, right? I can't read signals--good and bad--and like most things in my life, I tend to make a mess out of any and all potential boyfriends. I think that I also have this problem that I'm trying so hard to erase last year in the end, I wind up making an idiot out of myself. And in my lame attempts at being 25, I find myself constantly questioning every single decision that I make. And I have a hard time dealing with my mistakes. I feel that everything should be better, I should be more enlightened, and yet, I can't seem to get my life back on track, where it was. When I was completely confident in a career, when I had no problems meeting guys, when the world seemed like it was full of endless possibilities. Now, I feel like I'm pressed up against the starting block, waiting for the gun to go off, so I can make the mad dash before it's all over. I'm petrified of dying young. I'm so scared of not having lived, that I make rash and stupid decisions.

When it comes down to it, I guess, I never really admitted my ultimate fear of my untimely death. We had to do a visualizing exercise over the week at a leadership and we had to see ourselves in a year. Okay, why did I see a headstone? Is that not fucked up. I think that's unbelievably depressing. What am I thinking? It's not as if I've been given just a year to live. But here I am, scared of getting to close to anyone in case I do die; and then scared of not getting close to anyone in case I do die. I really am a headcase. I have serious issues.

No comments: