Monday, June 07, 2004

Tomorrow is my first post-cancer follow up test. A low-carb day, followed by no food after midnight then being in this place for two hours, assuming that they do everything on time (which they never do). And then a full-day of work and waiting for the results, which I’m hoping don’t take too long. I actually discovered something this weekend—I can no longer drink. I had a beer and a half, and was not only a little drunk but also woke up the next day not feeling well. I’ve become that girl. The one who has a bit of Coors’ Light (although I was drinking Summer Ale) and is dancing on tables and going to her friends, “OMIGOD I am so drunk”. Well, not that girl specifically, but that type of girl. I used to be able to drink a couple of beers, do a shot or two and be fine. I mean, I played Rugby. I guess I should be happy that I didn’t have this problem in college, because I definitely would’ve been left home on many occasion or had my Amstel switched out for an O’Dool’s by my friends who would be embarrassed of my behavior.

No comments: