Saturday, December 04, 2004

My friend Lindsay died on Weds. Her mother called me tonight. Lindsay was a 21, and was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma three months after me. We never met in person--instead we were Lymphoma buddies, trading emails and hours long discussions on the phone. She was a fantastic person--so fun, so positive, so full of life. We'd gossip and commiserate about stuff and talk about basically everything. She made me want to be a better person about this because she never complained, not once, and then I got an email about how things weren't going well and that she'd call me once things got better, but I never heard from her. well, actually, I sent a care package with DVDs, and care bear stuff, and flavored Skittles lip gloss and two weeks ago I got a thankyou note. So last weekend I bought a bunch of new stuff for her, shirts and christmas pajamas, fun stuff because I thought... I don't know. She deserves much more than I can write here. There are some people who profoundly touch your life. That just you can't believe that they exist--they are so nice and kind incredible people and you strive just to be good enough to know them. I was blessed that Linsday was in my life as my friend. And I so devastated that this world will not know more of her. And my prayers go out to her parents and her brother, and anyone who was lucky enough to know her. I really just don't think I can say anything else that will truly do my sadness justice at this loss of such a unique and wonderful person.

So Lindsay:

I will really really miss you.

Terri

2 comments:

Sher said...

What you said really touched me. I can relate, I just lost my dear friend Diane from Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. She had been fighting this for about 18 years and just got tired so she stopped treatment. I will miss my friend forever. Sherron

Sher said...

What you said really touched me. I can relate, I just lost my dear friend Diane from Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. She had been fighting this for about 18 years and just got tired so she stopped treatment. I will miss my friend forever. Sherron